Saturday, September 10, 2005

Career or motherhood, one or the other

Woman can not have it all just ask NBC's White House correspondant, wife of Allen Greenspan, Andrea Mitchel :

Jewish Woman Magazine

What do you think makes you a good role model for Jewish women? I'm not sure I'm a good role model for Jewish women. I wouldn't presume to be. I think everyone does her own thing. And as someone who hasn't had children, I haven't had the experience of creating a home for children and leading them through education. I have nieces and nephews and a goddaughter, but I don't think I'm the best example of someone who's done all the important things that women who have children do. That's been one of my great sadnesses.

Gender equality dosen't take motherhood into account. Less Jewish marriage and children is the sad and destructive consenquence for trying to make equal what is imeasurably distinct.

Don't take my word for it take Mitchel's.
posted by Yeshiva Orthodoxy
at 8:40 PM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I appreciate her honesty.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Yeshiva Orthodoxy said...

More and more woman are realizing where real happiness is found. Eventualy truth and nature wins out.

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home