Friday, September 16, 2005

Felder, de Blasio, Hikind and Cindy Sheehan

Cindy Sheehan is coming to brooklyn, Felder's comment in the New York Sun:

Others, like City Council Member Simcha Felder, hope to send a different message to a woman they view as a fanatic who despises America and Israel and doesn't speak for other families who lost their children in the war in Iraq.
"As far as I'm concerned, she can go back to where she came from," Mr. Felder said in a telephone interview. "If she came to my neighborhood, I would drive her out. I would do everything I could to make her life miserable, legally." Mr. Felder represents the Brooklyn neighborhoods of Borough Park, Midwood, and Bensonhurst.


Hikind's (and Hillary's) best friend and Councilman of a district with an orthodox presence:

City Council Member Bill de Blasio of Brooklyn called Ms. Sheehan "a hero" and said he hopes to hear her speak on Sunday. "She's having a profound impact in the national debate," he said.

Will Hikind comment on de Blasio's labeling "A HERO" the lady who-

Ms. Sheehan also drew criticism from a letter she allegedly e-mailed to "Nightline" that accused Mr. Bush of fighting a war to help Israel. She allegedly wrote: "Am I emotional? Yes, my first born was murdered. Am I angry? Yes, he was killed for lies and for a PNAC Neo-Con agenda to benefit Israel. My son joined the army to protect America, not Israel. Am I stupid? No, I know full well that my son, my family, this nation and this world were betrayed by George Bush who was influenced by the neo-con PNAC agendas after 9/11."Ms. Sheehan said she did write to "Nightline" but denied writing that specific passage.
posted by Yeshiva Orthodoxy
at 11:26 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger The Town Crier said...

Felder is a moron.
If i were a councilman representing a largly orthodox district, i would express my sympathy to mrs sheehan and invite her to to a meeting so she can be explained that the war has nothing to do with israel and enlighten her to the fact that Israel is a nice place.

I would not, as mr. felder insists, endanger my image and that of my communitiy by giving her new reason to believe that jews are jerks.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Yeshiva Orthodoxy said...

JEWS HAVE TO BE THOUGTFULL AND TAKE A HIGHER ROAD IN CONVERSATION. SO I DO AGREE FELDER DEFINITELY SHOULD HAVE TAKEN ANOTHER TACT.
THAN AGAIN, ORTHODOX POLITICIANS OF ORTHODOX NEIGHBORHOODS AREN'T HELD ACCOUNTABLE DUE TO A POLITICAL MACHINE.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home